Friday, February 6, 2009

Buttermilk Pancakes

This pancake recipe was from the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. These are absolutely the best plain pancakes I have ever had. The batter takes about 5 minutes to make and I put the hot ones in the oven while I cook the rest. I have also found, like it suggests in the book, that powdered buttermilk is just as good as regular buttermilk. I figured that to make this recipe, it costs under $3.00 with butter and maple syrup. The syrup is the most expensive factor, lately I have not been able to find it for under $14.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! I wish more people knew how easy it is to make pancakes. Then, nobody would waste time w/scary mixes that taste like, well, box:) And w/batter being cheap, I can justify the splurge on the syrup, esp. if it lasts through multiple servings. Yay!