Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
This time I used:
- 3 strips of leftover bacon (actually I intentionally cooked extra the night before for this)
- 8 beaten eggs
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- dash of cayenne
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Layer cheese in the bottom of a greased pan with bacon on top. Pour eggs with garlic powder, salt and pepper over top. Bake at 325 for 45-55 minutes.
Monday, February 2, 2009
- 8 cooked lasagna noodles
- 16 oz of your favorite sauce (I used a marinara because this was for a Friday)
- 8 oz (1/2 a large container) of ricotta
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 tsp basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ricotta, egg, basil salt and pepper
- Divide mixture evenly onto noodles and roll up
- Pour sauce over top
- Top with mozzarella cheese
- Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes
This was just something that I came up with to be a quick meal. We did not want any leftovers, so I made the exact number of roll-ups that I thought everyone would eat.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Basically, you can use any amount of shrimp. This is a very flexible recipe.
- Marinade shrimp (tails removed) in a favorite marinade for 15 minute to 1 hour(I used balsamic vinegar dressing)
- Microwave bacon for 1-2 minutes (I did one, but should have done two so it would be crispier)
- Wrap shrimp with 1/2 piece of bacon, skewer with toothpick
- Slide a slice of jalapeno in there, either seeded or with the seeds--your call
- Broil for 9 minutes, turning every 3 minutes
I was thinking that roasting the jalapeno first might have given the pepper a bit more flavor and also made it softer. Next time I will do this.
Boy oh boy! These were awesome!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
- 1 link of chorizo
- 5-6 button mushrooms
- 2 c spinach (I used roughly 1-2 large handfuls)
- 2 c cheese
- 5 chicken breasts (either pounded flat to roll up or with a pocket cut in the for stuffing)
- smoked paprika
- 1 c brown rice cooked according to directions in water with 2 cubes chicken bullion and 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, (medium, hot or whatever you prefer)
- 1 can green chiles
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Cook chorizo, draining excess grease, remove from pan
- Saute mushrooms in same pan, adding spinach at the end with enough time to just wilt it a bit
- Mix mushrooms and Spinach with chorizo
- Stuff mixture into chicken and seal with toothpicks
- Bake at 325 for 50-70 minutes, covered in a glass pan
- While chorizo is baking prepare rice adding bullion and olive oil
- Once rice is about 90% done, add chiles, cumin, and garlic powder and tomatoes
- During last 10 minutes of baking, top chicken with cheese
If you have any leftover chorizo mixture, save it and make a dip layered with cream cheese, with shredded cheese on top. You can either microwave it or bake it until the cheese bubbles, serve with tortilla chips or on small flour tortillas for a snack or a light lunch.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
- 20-25 shrimp peeled, de-veined (tails removed, if you prefer)
- 6-8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 c white wine (I used Chardonnay because it was on hand)
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- sea salt
- olive oil
- 1/2 lb fettuccine (or your favorite pasta)
- hard cheese like Romano or Parmesan to serve on top
- In a large skillet, add 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, shrimp, mushrooms and green onions
- Saute over medium heat for 3-4 minutes
- Add wine and butter
- Add lemon juice, season with salt and pepper to taste
- Cook until shrimp are completely pink and tender. Careful not to overcook them or they will be like rubber!
- Add tomatoes and remove from heat.
- Serve over pasta with grated cheese on top.
PS Please excuse my absence, I have had guests and sickness and busy Holy Days! I hope to get back on track soon!