Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Favorite Spinach Dip

I cannot remember where this one came from, but my mother first made it for my graduation party and we've been making it ever since.

Ingredients:
  • box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess water strained
  • 8oz brick of cream cheese
  • 2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar ( I use a Mexican Blend)
  • 1 bunch of green onions sliced
  • 1 small tomato, diced

Directions:

  1. In a microwavable bowl, add spinach, cream cheese, shredded cheese and green onions
  2. microwave for 3 minutes in 1 minute intervals, stirring between each interval
  3. add tomatoes and mix well
  4. serve with crackers or pretzels

Note: Reduced fat cream cheese and cheeses work fine in this recipe. Sometimes, I make a tomato rose for the center, if I am bring this to a party.

No comments: