Thursday, October 16, 2008

White Bean, Chicken, Poblano Chili and Tortillas



I got this recipe from Rachel Ray's Magazine it can be found here.

The only thing I did differently, as you can see, I used a food processor and instead of 3 poblanos, I used two. Also, I used the shredded Mexican cheese that I had on hand. I thought it needed extra cumin, and there were a little too many beans for my liking, but the flavor was good and I even made tortillas. It was my first time making them and they were very easy and fun to make.

For the tortillas, I use this recipe. I did not make whole wheat ones, and I halved the recipe, also I used olive oil instead of shortening. They turned out great, I would definately make them again, though I am a little worried about setting off the fire alarm again. They really made the meal, and a lot of smoke in my apartment. I wish someone had told me sooner how easy it is to make tortillas, and to open a window if I were to try it!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Yum! I can't wait to try this!