Rich and Tender American Dinner Rolls, from p. 455 of the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. This is an oldie, I made them at Thanksgiving. I will never go back to Pilsbury rolls, ever. I can't believe how simple they are to make. I wish I had known sooner.
This was my daughter's birthday scotcharoo "cake." I made mushrooms and a cat from marizpan.
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 1 generous c. peanut butter
- 6 c. Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. butterscotch chips
- Melt sugar and corn syrup in a pan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved--it should not be grainy and should be just about boiling.
- Add above mixture and peanut butter to cereal in a big bowl, mix well
- Press into a 9 x 13 pan
- Allow to cool
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together on stove top or in microwave, mixing well
- Spread over cooled mixture, allow time for frosting to set
You can decorate it any way you like.